Hello and Welcome to,
Gossip & Giggles with T!
The other day I spontaneously decided I was going to bake something. At the time I had no idea what, but when I saw the Oranges in my fridge and Cocoa Powder in the cupboard, the idea came to me. I was not sure how these cupcakes would turn out, and I can happily say they were great and loved by everyone!
So here is the recipe for my Orange and Chocolate & Orange Cupcakes!
Cupcake Mixture –
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100g Butter
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 Orange
- 1 TBSP of Cocoa Powder
Butter Icing –
- 50g Butter
- 130g Icing Sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5.
- Mix the 100g of Butter and 100g of Caster Sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix until you get a creamy texture.
- Squeeze the juice of the half orange into the mixture and mix it well. I chose to add the juice now so that it will soak in, rather than getting lost in the flour and egg. The consistency will be quite runny but it will thicken up when you add the other ingredients.
- Gradually add the flour and egg, as you do keep mixing. It will begin to thicken up now, which is perfect. Continue to mix until you get a smooth creamy texture.
- I decided to do half orange and half chocolate orange. So I poured the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Then with the remaining mixture in the bowl add the cocoa powder, and mix it! Make sure the cocoa powder is evenly mixed in the mixture.
- Add the remaining mixture to the cupcake cases and put in the oven for 12-15 minutes!
Making the Butter Cream:
7. When you make the butter cream for piping, the mixture needs to be thick. The trick is to not have a lot of butter. So first put 50g of butter and 80g or Icing sugar in a bowl, Mix it both together until you get a creamy mixture. Don’t over mix it and make it runny though.
8. Then add 50g of more icing sugar and mix it into the mixture. You will know it’s ready when the mixture will not run off the spoon but will fall off it slowly.
9. Add this to your piping bag and leave in the fridge to chill whilst the cupcakes bake and chill.
When the cupcakes are cool, you can now begin to pipe!
I hope you enjoy the cupcakes, I know my family did!
But for now, that is all.
You can check out my last post here: TOP 10 FAVOURITE FRIENDS MOMENTS!
Until Next Time!
– T x